Saturday, March 10, 2007

Postsecret.Blogspot.Com

Earlier this week I was reading the newspaper in the lunchroom at my work, and I stumbled upon an article about a blog created by a guy named Frank Warren. He claimed that it was a community art project that took people's secrets and anonymously posted them on the web. It began in November 2004 when Mr. Warren handed out 3000 self addressed stamped envelopes to people with the instruction of writing a secret on a postcard or picture and sending it to him in the mail. Less than three years later he has received more than 20000 secrets and is able to update his blog every Sunday with new entries.

After viewing the blog myself I had a rush of conflicting emotions. I was saddened, terrified, comforted, and humoured all at once. Some made me laugh, while others made me want to cry. To me, this is everything that good art should do to a person. I have questioned myself, and I have questioned society. I have also related to some of what I saw on a very personal level. I believe this to be the first real piece of art from the digital revolution. Frank Warren has shown me how much potential that blogging has, and in my personal opinion his web site should be on display in an art gallery. I have posted some of the examples from his project below. If you want to see this for yourself just click here.


For more information here is a video from ABC news that really show what this site is about as explained by Frank Warren. There may be some advertisements before it begins so be patient.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2778232

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice share, good

article, very usefull for me...thank you

Anonymous said...

chisikis
anixa
calorife`re

[url=http://google.com/]google[/url]