Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween!


Here are a couple of reasons why I don't dress up for Halloween anymore! I swear to you that it seemed like a good idea at the time. A friend (who I will not name for obvious reasons) and I wanted to surprise our wives by showing up to the bar wearing the same costumes as them. The bad idea was arriving at the bar so early that we (my friend and I) were the only ones dressed up. Especially since we were meeting at a sports bar, packed with manly jock types watching the Leaf's game! We quietly found the darkest corner in the place and hid until we saw more people wearing costumes.

The Blair Witch

While on the subject of Halloween, I would like to say a few words about the Blair Witch. I think we could learn a lot from the Blair Witch. You see here is a person who has set a goal, made the appropriate plans to achieve their goal, and then had the determination to follow through. The witch had to first find the people in the woods, then stay up all night scaring the crap out of them, and then stay up all day following and confusing the filmmakers. She didn't let them out of her sight even once. She took total control of the situation and didn't give up until all of her goals were met. I only wish I could have the same kind of commitment to all of my goals. I have the same kind of admiration for Nicholas Cage's character in Leaving Las Vegas. But that's for another time.

Speaking of Las Vegas...

Today is the anniversary of me and AP renewing our wedding vows at The Little White Wedding chapel in Vegas. That's right, Frank Sinatra, Joan Collins, Michael Jordan, Britney Spears, and me and AP. We have all been married in the same chapel! Happy Anniversary baby!



Well I suppose that is all I have for today. Hope everybody had a safe Halloween.


Sit Ubu sit. Good dog.

Shawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By that photo, I think I am forever scarred. I am strangely allergic to man-nipple. However sexy and alluring yours is. Dammit, boy.

Anonymous said...

Good times. I remember sitting in the back seat of the limo in the Little White Wedding Chapel with you two like it was yesterday!