Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not Good in the Dark

Well back to back weeks of new posts. I must be motivated or something!
Not too much new this week. Scott and I went to see Hayden on Tuesday. As usual he was awesome! I'm not too fond of some of his fans though. Just because he kept some of the audience banter in on his live album doesn't give every jack-ass the right to start making off-the-cuff remarks in between (and sometimes during) songs. Especially at a Hayden show! I quote the band Sloan: "It's not the band I hate, it's their fans..." For those that don't know who Hayden is I found a couple of videos on Youtube that I am going to post below.

















The Daily Pics

I did start doing my little photography project this week. I didn't take a photo everyday, but I came close! I have realized that my camera is terrible in the dark. Oh well. Until I get a new one I'll just have to stick to daytime shots.


HAYDEN

This photo is from the Hayden show. Now I didn't take a picture of Hayden (because that would just make sense!), but this is the opening act. She calls herself Jaymay and she was pretty good. Kind of like a female version of Hayden! Scott summed her up pretty well with "She's not offensive..." Anyway, because of the camera's poor quality in dark places and loud beeping when a picture is taken (it was a quiet show), I decided not to take any pics while Hayden played.



Lunar Eclipse

Alright, I thought that when I pointed the lens at the only source of light in the sky it would capture something! Well I stand corrected! This is a picture of last Wednesday's lunar eclipse. The moon is actually a beautiful red, but my camera just wouldn't pick that up. You are able to see a small spec of red just off-center in the picture. It's kind of like a "Where's Waldo" game you can play with this one.








Miso

I'll be honest, this looked cuter in real life!




I Am 'Effing Tired of Winter!!!

Sure it looks nice, but give me a break! I am so sick of shoveling. I remember when I was happy to have a two car driveway, now I just want to shoot myself!



One Order of Sick Day, Coming Up!

How cheap (and brave) does one have to be to catch the end of day sale at a Sushi place?!! In fact, I'm not too sure if I would trust a Sushi kiosk at the Oshawa Centre when it was fresh!



Closing

Before I go I just want to say kudos to Dalton McGuinty. I usually wouldn't, but I am happy to hear that he is planning to do the very controversial act of removing the Lord's Prayer from the Ontario Parliament. I know many people disagree with this action, but I think it is time we all look beyond ourselves and realize that we are living in a very diverse society. Many people with many beliefs live in our communities, and it is wrong for the government to choose only one belief system. I fully support the separation of church and state, and I think that this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Enjoy your week everybody!

No comments: