Thursday, January 25, 2007

Finally Updated!

Not too much new with me lately. I have started my new courses (Taxation, Purchasing & Supply Management, and AccPac) and have been pretty swamped with homework. I should have my accounting diploma in August and a general business diploma in December. I'm in the home stretch now.

I haven't been writing lately because I haven't been doing anything. I really don't like writing about my opinions on things as much as I do writing about experiences that I have. So getting in the mood to write is more difficult when I am not doing anything very interesting.


Logical Endings to Movies


Seeing that I have nothing to write about, I will share with you all what I feel to be logical endings to a couple of popular movies.

The Terminator
In this movie I have always wondered why Sarah Conner didn't just hop on a plane and fly to Laos, or Nepal. It would have taken the robot forever to figure that one out! By the time the robot did figure it out it would be way too late and the resistance would have already been well on its way. Would have made for a much shorter movie though.

Back to the Future
I think once Marty realized that he was stuck in 1955 with little to no chance of ever getting back to 1985, he should have murdered Doc Brown. Then the time machine would never have been invented and Marty wouldn't have been sent back and the Doc wouldn't have been murdered! Problem solved in less than half an hour of film. It probably wouldn't have received the same popularity though.


My Hero of the Week

I want to add in a continuing section of my blog where I write about someone who I consider a hero and why. Kind of like a fifth grade English assignment!

Wesley Autrey
This is the 50 year old construction worker that save a teenager who fell on the tracks at a New York subway station after the teen had a seizure.
While waiting for a train with his two daughters, Wesley saw a man "in medical distress" fall on to the tracks as the train was approaching. In a split second he asked a woman to hold his daughters hands and then proceeded to jump on to the tracks and roll the fallen passenger to safety in between the tracks. The train rolled right over top of them with only inches to spare. A true act of heroism! The part that I find truly amazing is that after the incident, Mr. Autrey refused medical attention and still went to work that same day! This is one dedicated guy, and is my first hero of the week.
Game show Clip of the Week
This is from an English game show called Distraction. In this clip contestants get shot by paint balls for every question they get wrong. However, as you will see, even when they win it seems the challenge of taking home the prize is still quite difficult. I warn you that there is swearing and the clip is about 9 minutes long. I feel it is well worth the time invested though!



Unnecessary Censorship
This is a classic bit by late show host Jimmy Kimmel. It never fails to make me laugh! It's about 4 minutes long and contains implied offensive material.

No comments: